I am a Researcher
The Australian Dementia Network is a network of leading researchers and clinicians working together to improve the quality of dementia diagnosis and care and to accelerate the development of new treatments through our research.
If you are a researcher and
- Would like to access ADNeT data
- Would like to collaborate on research projects
Please complete the Expression of Interest Form and return to ADNeT as instructed.
For all other inquiries please complete the contact form below, providing as much information as possible.
Link to guidelines and other resources available to researchers and clinicians.
Early and Mid-Career Researchers Accelerator Group
The Australian Dementia Network (ADNeT) Accelerator Group supports and advocates for early and mid-career dementia researchers, and helps develop future leaders. The Accelerator group was formed as part of the concluded NHMRC National Institute for Dementia Research (NNIDR) in 2018, and is delighted to continue working under the auspices of ADNeT since 2020.
- Prof Lee-Fay Low (co-chair), University of Sydney, New South Wales
- Dr Nadeeka Dissanayaka (co-chair), The University of Queensland, Queensland
- A/Prof Michelle Lupton, QIMR Berghofer, Queensland
- Dr Tejal Shah, Macquarie University, New South Wales
- Dr Edwin Tan, University of Sydney, New South Wales
- A/Prof Tuan Nguyen, National Ageing Research Institute, Victoria
- Australian Dementia Forum Workshops and Networking for early and mid-career researchers
Accelerator Online Workshop: Navigating a Research Career in the Field of Dementia
Presentation by Chris Rowe, Panel discussion with rising stars and senior researchers (Jurgen Fripp, Stephanie Wong, Maria Inacio, Lyndsey Collins-Praino, Eddy Strivens) followed by interactive discussion in breakout rooms.
Thursday, 27th May 2021 12:00 PM-2:30 PM AEST
ADNeT Webinar: Opportunities for collaborating with ADNeT
Tuesday, 20th July 2021, 1.00 PM-2.30 PM AEST
Registration link – https://uqz.zoom.us/j/87022512504.
- Sponsorship Program for ECRs and MCRs
In 2019 the ADNeT Accelerator Working Group piloted a new sponsorship program to provide NHMRC-ARC Dementia Research Development Fellows with strategic guidance as these researchers navigate the next stage of their careers. In 2020 we expanded the program to all Australian dementia ECR/MCRs to support the Australia’s boosting dementia research initiative in creating Australia’s dementia research leaders of the future.
The 2019, 2020 programs introduced great career development opportunities for active participants and provided additional benefits to professional development through networking and invitations to speak at other institutions.
- Surveys to evaluate the productivity and needs of early and mid-career dementia researchers
At past we have conducted two surveys for NHMRC-ARC Dementia Research Development Fellows and NHMRC Boosting Dementia Research Leadership fellows.
- Overall these surveys demonstrated that dementia research fellows have been highly productive in research outputs, capacity building, increasing international collaborations, and gaining competitive funding for dementia research.
- All Fellows were eager to further their career by leading in dementia research, and receive opportunities for collaboration, increase engagement with the government and policy makers, and increase dissemination of research via invited talks.
- Further support is required to continue leadership in dementia research, increase clinical translations, and policy development.